• Make sure that you always select the correct connections,
the correct rotary switch position and the correct range for
the measurement to be taken.
• Before measuring or checking the resistance, continuity, diodes or
capacitance, disconnect the power supply to the electric circuit.
Check that all high-voltage capacitors are discharged.
• Isolate the device from all current sources before opening the
battery compartment cover.
• If possible, do not work alone.
• If you have to take hold of the measuring spikes, do so by the
grip sections only. Do not touch the measuring contacts whilst
the measurement is being taken.
• If the device comes into contact with moisture or other conductive
residue, work must not be carried out under voltage. At and above
voltages of 25 V AC/60 V DC, the presence of moisture creates the
risk of life-threatening electric shocks. Clean and dry the device
before use. When using the device outdoors, make sure that the
weather conditions are appropriate and/or that suitable protection
measures are taken.
• If you are working with voltages higher than 25 V AC/60 V DC,
exercise extreme caution. Touching the electrical conductors at
such voltages poses a risk of life-threatening electric shocks.
• Do not use the device in environments in which there are
con-ductive particles or where the occurrence of moisture
(in the form of condensation, for example) can create transient
• The device must only be used in accordance with its intended
purpose and within the scope of the speciÖ cations.
• If you are taking measurements in the hazardous vicinity of e
lectrical installations, do not work alone and seek guidance from
an electrically skilled person before starting work.
• Before taking any measurements, make sure that both the area to
be tested (e.g. a line), the test device and the accessories used (e.g.
connection cable) are in proper working order. Test the device by
connecting it to known voltage sources (e.g. a 230 V socket in the
case of AC testing or a car battery in the case of DC testing). Stop
using the device if one or a number of its functions fails.
Manual_MultiMeter_Pocket_Rev.0610_GB.indd 11Manual_MultiMeter_Pocket_Rev.0610_GB.indd 11 05.08.2010 14:35:31 Uhr05.08.2010 14:35:31 Uhr