- If the adapter of the baby unit is damaged, always have it replaced with one of the original type
in order to avoid a hazard. For the correct type, see chapter ‘Replacement’.
- If the charger or the adapter of the parent unit is damaged, always have it replaced with one of
the original type in order to avoid a hazard. For the correct type, see chapter ‘Replacement’.
- Never use the baby monitor in moist places or close to water.
- Except for the compartments for the battery pack or non-rechargeable batteries, do not open
the housing of the baby unit or the parent unit in order to prevent electric shock.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical,
sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given
supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- The baby monitor has an operating range of 200 metres/600 feet in open air. Depending on the
surroundings and other disturbing factors, the operating range may be smaller (see section
‘Operating range’, in chapter ‘Using the appliance’).
- Use and store the appliance at a temperature between 10°C and 40°C.
- Do not expose the baby unit and parent unit to extreme cold, heat or direct sunlight.
- Make sure the baby unit and its cord are always out of reach of the baby (at least 1 metre/3
- Never place the baby unit inside the baby’s bed or playpen.
- Never cover the parent unit and the baby unit with anything (e.g. a towel or blanket).
- Always put non-rechargeable batteries of the correct type in the baby unit.
- Always put a rechargeable battery pack of the correct type in the parent unit.
- This baby monitor is intended as an aid. It is not a substitute for responsible and proper adult
supervision and should not be used as such.
This Philips AVENT appliance complies with all standards regarding electromagnetic elds (EMF). If
handled properly and according to the instructions in this user manual, the appliance is safe to use
based on scientic evidence available today.
You can use the baby unit from the mains or on non-rechargeable batteries. Even if you are going to
use the unit from the mains, we advise you to insert non-rechargeable batteries. This guarantees
automatic back-up in case of mains failure.
1 Put the small plug in the baby unit and put the adapter in a wall socket (Fig. 2).
, The power-on light goes on.
The baby unit runs on four 1.5V R6 AA batteries (not included). We strongly advise you to use
Philips LR6 PowerLife batteries.
Do not use rechargeable batteries, as the baby unit does not have a charging function.
Unplug the baby unit and make sure your hands and the unit are dry when you insert the non-
1 Insert a coin or screwdriver into the groove of the locking knob (1), turn the locking knob
anticlockwise (2) and remove the lid (Fig. 3).