- To prevent strangulation with the power cord, always keep the baby unit and the power cord
out of baby’s reach, at least 1 meter/3.5 feet away. Do not use extension cords.
- Check if the voltage indicated on the adapters of the baby unit and the parent unit correspond
to the local mains voltage before you connect the appliance.
- Only use the adapter supplied to connect the baby unit to the mains.
- Only use the adapter supplied to charge the parent unit.
- The adapters contain a transformer. Do not cut off the adapters to replace them with other
plugs, as this causes a hazardous situation.
- If the adapters are damaged, always have them replaced with one of the original type in order
to avoid a hazard. For the correct type, see chapter ‘Replacement’.
- Never use the baby monitor in moist places or close to water.
- Except for the battery compartments, do not open the housing of the baby unit and parent unit
in order to prevent electric shock.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical,
sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given
supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Use and store the appliance at a temperature between 10°C and 35°C.
- Do not expose the baby unit and parent unit to extreme cold or heat or to direct sunlight.
- Never place the baby unit inside the baby’s bed or playpen.
- Never cover the parent unit and the baby unit with anything (e.g. a towel or blanket).
- Always place non-recheargeable batteries of the correct type in the baby unit.
- Always place rechargeable batteries of the correct type in the parent unit.
- If you place the parent unit next to a transmitter or other DECT appliance (e.g. a DECT
telephone or wireless router for the internet), the connection with the baby unit may be lost.
Move the baby monitor further away from the other wireless appliances until the connection
- Switched-on mobile phones in the vicinity of the baby monitor may cause interference with the
- Radio interference is inevitable and may have an effect on the sound quality of the baby monitor.
- This baby monitor is intended as an aid. It is not a substitute for responsible and proper adult
supervision and should not be used as such.
- Take every precaution to make sure that your baby can sleep safely.
Important information about non-rechargeable and rechargeable batteries
- Non-rechargeable batteries and rechargeable batteries may explode if exposed to sunshine, re
or high temperatures due to other causes.
- Always place rechargeable batteries of the correct type in the parent unit to avoid the risk of
explosion. Do not use non-rechargeable batteries to avoid the risk of explosion.
- Always place non-recheargeable batteries of the correct type in the baby unit to avoid the risk
of explosion. The baby unit does not have a charging function.
- Make sure that your hands are dry when you insert or replace non-rechargeable batteries
or rechargeable batteries.
- To avoid damage due to leakage of non-rechargeable or rechargeable batteries:
1 Do not expose the appliance to temperatures higher than 35°C.
2 Remove the rechargeable batteries of the parent unit and the non-rechargeable batteries of the
baby unit if you are not going to use the appliance for one month or more.
3 Do not leave empty non-rechargeable batteries in the baby unit.